Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 6

Today I am six weeks pregnant with you.

I am still in shock that I have a baby (you!) growing inside of my belly. I am trying to read everything I can to make sure I am doing everything possible to make sure you're healthy and getting what you need to grow properly. I am afraid to sneeze in fear of hurting you which is silly, I know, but since I've waited for you so long I don't want to take any chances in losing you. So far you're not really making mommy feel bad and I hope it continues that way. You're not really making me sick (other than if I eat something you don't like) and the sleepiness I am dealing with by taking short naps on the weekends and going to bed rather early on the week nights. You are making my tata's sore which is okay since they are preparing themselves for you and feeding you. If it means making sure you get the best possible nourishment then bring on the pain!!

I found out last night that you don't like taco salad. Mommy had a yummy taco salad but I guess it wasn't what you wanted b/c you had me get rid of it pretty quickly. We're going to have to work on what you like and what you don't so I don't spend too much time with my head buried in the toilet! :) But, you're worth every bit of it, I already know that. Each day that goes by while you're in my tummy, I have to tell myself that you're in there. You're so still b/c you haven't grown enough to be moving around yet. I know that when the time comes I'll eat my words wanting you to move around. I know there will be a time when you're cutting flips in my belly or kicking me in my ribs letting me know you're in there. Maybe by then we'll know whether you're going to be our football star or our little ballerina. 

I caught myself window shopping (well, this day and age we don't actually GO anywhere really to window shop, we do everything on the internet cause we have become lazy like that) for baby items for you. I don't know if you're a little boy or a little girl yet so I don't know whether to buy blue items or pink frilly items! I just want to see you, I want to hear your heart beat knowing that you're really in there and it's not too good to be true!

Your hands and fingers are starting to grow now and your brain is growing like a genius. I just know you're going to be one smart baby!

Sleep well, my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment